I know I take a lot of pictures of myself! I guess I'm still trying to grasp how I really look these days!
Had to show my new size 12 shift dress. I don't know if you can see the little twinkles from the diamontes at the bottom of the dress? Otherwise it's pretty plain, that's what makes it so pretty to me.
I was worried it was a bit snug but everyone at work loved it, guess I will just have to keep reminding myself that this is all real! :D
So I was looking at some of my old blogs from CK that aren't here on my blogspot blog, I thought there were some real gems that deserve to be here, so today I add this one that I found, mind you these comments are from very early this year, but they still ring true for me and my journey.
Yesterday (this was back in January 2010) I got to thinking about how far I have come and all the things I learnt last year, some of the big ones include:
- That this is not dieting, dieting = deprivation which = failure
- Focussing on a healthy lifestyle
- Making better choices in food, exercise and lifestyle
- That this is for life NOT just for 12 months or 6 weeks or whatever
- That identifying your issues and doing something about them are two very different things
- Water is important
- An all or nothing attitude is about as helpful as the latest fad diet
- That these things that you learn can bleed into other areas of your life for the better!
- That I am a worthwhile person, who deserves to be happy
- That support really does help, but at the end of the day you are the one that has to do the hard work, and that is very satisfying
- That all those things you think you can never do really are possible
- That confidence and being truly happy makes me a better person to be around
- That I enjoy hanging out with myself again too
- That feeling this good REALLY does feel better than shoving a block of chocolate or a bag of chips in my gob
- That exercise makes me feel good and keeps me motivated to eat better and makes me want to do things I never thought I'd do
- To stop referring to myself as fundamentally lazy as that constant negative talk becomes truth if you don't stop it, and after the last couple of months I've proved that actually I AM NOT THAT!