Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Even though my birthday was Thursday and I had a lovely day, the real celebrations were yesterday.  We started with a morning training session, that included the notorious Awaba St Hill (for anyone that knows the Balmoral Burn) followed by a workout that included stairs and some bodyweight work.  We worked hard to earn lunch with family and friends followed by drinks and dancing with more family and friends!

My girlfriend who I have known since I was 7 came down from the Coast to spend the weekend with me.  We've known each other for 31 years and Friday night was the first time we tried on each other's clothes and found everything we had fit each other! :D 

So while we've known each other for a long time and I'm still essentially me, there were new things about me she spent the weekend discovering but more than anything the fact that I've improved my health so significantly means I have a much better chance of being around to be her friend for many many more years to come!

We had a lovely lunch followed by cake that my 14 year old niece made me all by herself!  And yes I indulged in two pieces! And then we went home to pretty ourselves up for a night on the town.  I've decided that I do better on vodka lime and soda's than I do on wine, I was also Jager bombed (I think that's how you spell it) but I still manage to recall the entire evening, no blank spots like my last night out on the wine! :D hahaha

I was incredibly spoilt, with a massage voucher, vouchers for me to get a new pair of running shoes (yay!), flowers, a dvd and book on yoga, a meditation pack, and a gorgeous ruffly pretty umbrella (which was prudent considering the rain at the moment!) and a jewellery voucher! Oh and not to forget that I didn't pay for a single drink the whole night! :D Lucky me!

I had such a nice time and feel really lucky to have all these people in my life celebrate with me, I saw this birthday as a type of re-birth with a very positive view for the future and I feel like many of the people in my life went out of their way to make it an extra special birthday.  I am lucky and blessed!

I am now on a two week exercise hiatus, and will be then raring to get back into some running ready for my next fun run if I can remember to register! heheheehe

I've updated my photos, I've cleared out the house and most of the garden, I have some time ahead to relax and reflect and get a few unfinished things done and time to just enjoy being me and being able to do well, whatever I want!

Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend and that you all remembered to put the clocks forward!

1 comment:

  1. God bless daylight savings eh?

    You look so awesome Tia, I hope I get to post some pics like that soon!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete